Every bed that we planted first had to be weeded. Mom did a great job weeding the entire garden in April, but those stinking weeds grow fast! Here's what we accomplished (no pictures because were chased in my rain when it was all finished):
- Weeded 6 8'x3' beds and 4 3'x3' beds
- Planted 32 tomatoes, 41 peppers, 10 parsley, 4 dill, 12 cucumbers, 4 kale, lettuce bed, 5 cilantro, 5 fennel, 6 eggplant, miscellaneous zinnias, 1 brussel sprout, herb garden
- Mulched all those beds
- Dug 2-foot deep post holes for our gate
- Anchored the arbor to the ground
- Put up 21 tomato cages (need to get a few more, and stake the indeterminants with rebar.
Yup, that's a lot, but we still have to:
- Plant 24 basil, 5 squash, 32 corn
- Harvest the spinach and transition that bed to rutabaga
- Build A-frame for the cucumbers
- More weeding (never ending)
- Plant flower containers for front of house.