Sunday, January 20, 2013

Gross Farms 2.0

I'm excited to announce that Gross Farms will be moving this spring. I started a new job in December that results in an hour+ commute. We put our house up for sale in late November and excitedly accepted an offer on Monday. On Thursday we looked at houses, and fell in love with the second. It's a new build, and I can confidently say it's our dream home. It includes an extremely large backyard (105' x 90'), so I will also be able to construct the garden of my dreams.

The new owners of our home will have 100+ heads of garlic to harvest this summer, and we'll have to say goodbye to the first garden we ever built. Many of our friends are surprised that we're not more attached to it, but we feel it was a learning experience and we'll approach our new garden differently.

Right now, moving day is February 28. We hope that we'll be able to start construction in March or early April and start planting in May. We'll sacrifice some early-season harvests, but it will be worth it in the end.

Stay tuned to follow my garden planning process :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz,
    My name is Maria and my husband and I are actually buying your house! After we looked through it a second time, I came home and googled Gross Farms in Wauwatosa and came across your blog. I'd love to meet you and talk to you about what's in the garden as well as maintaining some of what's there. I think my husband would like to talk to your husband about home brewing because it's something he wants to get into. It's funny because for Christmas I bought him a home brew kit and a few weeks later we came across your house. I just thought it might be easier to actually set up time with each other instead of going through our realtors. My e-mail address is maria.childs84@gmail.com or you can call me at 312-607-3772! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete